Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Surrender.

Sometimes all I can do is surrender. Surrender to Flow. Surrender to what is Not Flow. And just Releasssssse. Re-remember how to breathe. In a new way.
Sometimes Surrender looks like Accepting that I am human and that ingrained Self Destructive habits take time to break. Vices. Maybe we all have them. Maybe it's my own Scorpionic tendencies... I love my goddamn vices.  But I don't love them enough to continue living a half life, to continue killing myself in a slow painful fashion.

Today that means being gentle with myself. Wrapping myself in extra love and compassion. Taking a bath. Eating instead. Sometimes it means I don't get caught up on things I had intended, but I catch up with friends I haven't heard from in a while. Sometimes it looks like holing up in my bed Listening to Donna De Lory, Surrender for hours. I wish I could link the song here, but it eluded me in my searches. But here. I obsessed so hard that I transcribed the lyrics, as best i could. Do yourself a favor, and if you haven't heard her, look her up. She is Soul Balm.

That's about where I'm at right now. I am breathing a bit more now. So that's awesome. I scared myself with this one. I haven't had an asthma attack/infection this debilitating in a long while. Many years. I had to make actual choices about the timeline of my goddamn mortality. And while I'm still feeling really fragile, apparently, I'm not ready to check out just yet, so there's that.
I am, however, getting out of my own way, so that I may Serve.


Surrender

I have no choice now but to just let go
Let it go me... now come to you.
You’ve been so patient with me all this time
You still loved me even when I couldn’t love you
All I want is to give this gift to you
The union of our Love
I surrender
Take my breath in your hands
Now it’s safe to come through
There’s only you
I give myself to you
I surrender
I want to give up all control to you
Feel my heart beating in the pulse of your great hands
The storm is over
Now I call your name
Like a flower rising up to meet the sun
To be where you are
All I want is to give this gift to you
The union of our Love
I surrender
Take my breath in your hands now its safe to come through 
There’s only you 
I give myself to you
I surrender
I was alone I was afraid
You wouldn’t love me
Here in my hiding place
My soul you discovered it
I want to give whatever it takes, whatever
To accept only your love
Only Your Love
Only your love
Your love is all I need 
All I want is to give this gift to you 
The union of our Love 
I surrender
Take my breath
In your hands
Every moment is made new
It’s all come true this dream I had of you
I surrender
And I give, And I give And I give And I give myself to you. Repeat times a million. With Angelic overtones: I Surrender. 



No comments:

Post a Comment